TIB: Help quick! 82 to 83 conversion trouble

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Help quick! 82 to 83 conversion trouble

I have a problem that I really need solved tonight.  I've spent the past
couple of weeks writing a game for a classmate who has a TI-83, so I
decided to write it in Basic since I have an 82.  I finally finished it
last night and when I gave it to him today it produced an error.  I
spent a few minutes looking at the code and couldn't find anything
wrong.  On top of that I'm graduating tomorrow and probably will never
have another chance to givce it to him after tomorrow, so I need to fix
it before then!  Can anyone help me out?  Here's the TI-82 code.  It's
supposed to generate 52 numbers in L4 and then randomly move them to
L5.  It works fine on my TI-82 but seems to suffer in the translation.

This is the TI-82 code...
(Generates 13 sets of 4 numbers 3-15 in list 4 (ex. 3,3,3,3,4,4,4,4,
etc.))
:52->dim L4
:52->dim L5
:For(A,0,12
:For(Z,1,4
:A+3->L4(4A+Z
:End
:End
(The part above seems to work fine)
(Randomly moves all numbers in L4 to L5)
:For(A,1,52
:int rand(53-A)+1->Z
:L4(Z)->L5(A
:0->L4(Z
:SortD(L4
:52-A->dim L4
:End

Hmm...Cut and paste didn't work.  I edited it to make it understandable.

(Substituted -> for store command)
The command that generates the random number isn't working right on the
TI-83.
I noticed the int command on the 83 is int(.  Do I need another
parenthesi or something?  It's not randomly generating a number on the
83.  Can someone please help me out?  I don't have a TI-83 so I don't
know how to fix it!  I want to be able to send from my TI-82 to an 83
and have it work on both.  Can anyone help?  Please!  I don't want all
of my work to go to waste over this one little error....

Vimm