Re: TIB: G'day

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: G'day

> > yo i gotta 83..im makin a game but i keep getting a memory error
>
>  If you have an If..Then loop without and "End" at the end of the loop,
it'll

>  give you a memory error.  ..if that's your problem, I'm just guessing.
>
>  -Jared C.
>  www.tivault.com

that may be the problem, i dunno... on a related note, and something Ive been
wondering in Basic, is that the programs gradually slow down upon execution
for a while, and some games even get these memory errors after a while of
running.  I was just thinking it is because the calc may be encountering
"Goto" statments within conditionals. For example, "If A=5: Then: B+1->B:
Goto D: End" and the program expects an "End" statement later on because of
the "Then", but will never reach it.  Im not sure how the calc handles that,
but there must be some sort of Stack like there is in ASM which keeps track
of all the conditionals.  Say, if you put another "If:Then" statement within
that conditional, it will then know to expect 2 "End" statements... After a
period of time of jumping out of those statememts, maybe the allowed Ram gets
full and we get a Memory Error. I cant think of anything else that would do
this, or cause for a program to slow down like they do, but those are my
thoughts...

Jason_K