Re: TIB: Re: Memory

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: Memory

In a message dated 1/30/99 10:30:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
m_rayman@bigfoot.com writes:

<< If you can find someone that'll buy your 83, save a few bucks and get the
 83+, with tons 'o extra mem.  (I know that a lot of people can't get that
 kind of money, but you knew what you were getting when you bought the 83, so
 don't start complaining)

 A compression program is good idea.  I know that there has already been two
 compression libs made for the 89.  hufflib for 89i files and ziplib for
 everything else.  Zipping and unzipping is done in the OS/shell, so you
 might want to contact Joe (maker of SOS) to add it into the next version of
 SOS...

Actually, I originally bought it for math (that went down the toilet fast...)
and I didnt know that I'd need much memory.  I hope I can get an 83+ (thank
god they finally seperated your RAM and archival mem), but I'm pretty sure
there is already a compressor out.  I saw it once a long time ago on some
personal page.  I never could find it again.  If anyone knows where I can get
one, please reply.

Thanks
Tatsuo