Re: TIB: Let's Create the Ultimate BASIC Program Everyone (I Mean Everyo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Let's Create the Ultimate BASIC Program Everyone (I Mean Everyone)

Considering the time necessary for my P233 to calculate chess moves
sometimes, it would probably end up being either a very dumb, or a
very slow chess program, if not both...

It's an interesting proposition, but I wouldn't know where to start.
And for decent speed, you'd probably have to use something other than
testing plenty of random moves, I don't think this is possible, if it
is, I wouldn't know how... Judging from the speed of the math on the
calcs, how long do you think it would take to test a board as you say?
5 secs, 10, 20, 30? and now imagine this for a number of possible
moves...

But don't let me keep you from trying, I'll help if I can because I
would love to see such a prog (for the 86 though :-() but we would
definetely need more ideas... Maybe you could try something along the
same lines but simpler? The most advanced such game I ever programmed
was an invincible tic-tac-to. It didn't even use a real AI though,
just followed the rules to win that everyone knows...

Philipp Keller