Re: TIB: BFS Final game

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: BFS Final game

ETTamme1@aol.com wrote:

> i think that your ideas are good and will work well, but i dont see some of
> the commands you want to use on my calc, i am using an 83. maybey i just
> havent found them yet but let me know if your using different

I, too, have an 83.  I'm guessing that you're having trouble finding the
expr( and sub( commands.  Both of them can be found under the catalog.
I'm not looking at my calc right now, but I think that it might be
[second][period], or something like that.  I know it's [second]
something.

Had another idea today at work.  If you use the graph screen to display
the maze, then you wouldn't have to use funky symbols for the walls.
Instead you could actually just use line segments.  This way you could
use, say, a point or cross as your player, and still check whether there
is a wall with a simple pixel test.  It should also make it easier to
change the levels - I'm not exactly sure how, but you wouldn't need to
keep that matrix going telling the calc exactly where _everything_ is.
Also, I was thinking that maybe you could use a random type thing to
create each level.  For example, say that short line segments would be
easier, and long line segments would be harder levels (because with the
short lines you would have more places to move through).  Then you could
simply have some sort of coefficient that represents the difficulty.
Say  you used 'J' as the difficulty variable.  Each level J would go up
by one, and the length of the wall lines would be calculated based on
J.  Just a thought.

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net