Re: TIB: Randseed theory for 92+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Randseed theory for 92+

Random is not "true randomized" it's "pseudo-randomized."  It goes through
calculations based on principle math and simplifies a curve of sorts and hits
all the numbers.  Eventually (after about 5 million tries) the numbers repeat.
When you "Randseed #" it stores # into "seed2" and stores # times 40014
modulos of some wacked number like 5 million or whatever in "seed1."  It then
uses a calculation to generate new seed values based on the old seed values
using the same 40014 number and the modulus.  I had (can't find now) the exact
formula for pseudo-random numbers, but I only know the glimpses now.  If
someone REALLY wants to know the EXACT formula, I will redo the research and
post it here, else I won't.

-|2-