Re: TIB: Code for the New 3D Engine!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Chris Flanigan wrote:

> Here's the code. The whole group is 859 bytes. Not bad. I admit that
> some of the routines could be simplified.
>
> Would anyone like to work with me to optimise it and then release it
> under both of our names? We could probably make a great product.
>
> I've been trying to think of a way to design graphics for this
> perspective. If I made add-ons for this engine to just "fill-in" your
> graphics it could get a little bit big. I don't know, I guess I've got
> to try it. I wonder how I'd make an effective but worthwhile module to
> put graphics on the walls and ceiling constantly but changing?
>
> Jody Snider...maybe you'd like to contact me off-list. I hope that you
> might want to help me optimise this and make it more useful. If not
> then...oh well. I'll just make the rough skeleton, post it and forget
> about it.
>
> I'm going to use your idea for a 3d maze or PacMan type game. That
> sounds cool. Can you think of a good way to detect "turning around".
> I'd have to map an entire scenario somehow to compare to. The program
> would be too large with tests if I made random scenarios.

>                    Name: 3d.86g
>     Part 1.2       Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                Encoding: base64

Sounds good.  Unfortuantely, I just realized that you're using an 86,
and I have an 83.  Oh well, the ideas should be the same.  Nothing good
comes to mind as far as how to do anything in it - yet.  I'm going to
have to sit down and actually put some thought into this one.  If you
don't mind, I think it might be better to keep this on the list, just so
that if anyone else has any ideas they can just throw them in the pot.
Like they say, a hundred heads are better than two!

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net