Re: TIB: New 3D Engine!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: New 3D Engine!!

Chris Flanigan wrote:

> The engine is not in great perspective yet. This first version starts
> out with the hallway vanishing to a 2x2 rectangle (not square on
> screen). When I go forward it increases that rectange. So I'm always
> heading to that rectange. When I get to it, the screen resets back to
> the original. I haven't made any turns yet or designed that function
> yet. It will look dumb unless some graphics are added.
>
> All I did, no equations, is draw lines from corner to box, corner to
> box, corner to box. When I move back I decrement a variable value used
> in the lines and box, when I move forward I increment it.
>
> Then engine looks pretty good though now. You can only currently go
> forward or back (left or right but you end up going straight). I
> haven't fixed a turned hallway. When I do, there will be a turn left
> and turn right program.
>
> Do you want the actual code to look at? Maybe you can work with me to
> improve it.
>
> This message was written by Chris Flanigan.
>
> If this is in reply to an inquiry about the TI Archive, direct
> all e-mail to ti_archive@hotmail.com.
>
> If this is a personal message, direct all e-mail to
> cflan@granitecity.com

Yeah, sure.  Way back when we had one of our first computers I had a
game that was like this.  I mean, it had the 3d hallways and stuff.  But
instead of being like doom or anything, it was more like 3d packman.
Looking back, it sure was simple _and_ fun.  Maybe you might want to do
something like that?

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net