Re: TIB: New 3D Engine!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: New 3D Engine!!

Chris Flanigan wrote:

> I've been designing a 3d engine like that used in such games as Doom,
> etc.. I've got a skeleton that will create a hallway in which  you can
> go forward, backward, left and right.
>
> This is only the first version for the TI-86. If there are enough
> requests I'll post it.
>
> It creates this kind of thing        \             /
>                                                       \ ____/
>                                                        |         |
>                                                        |____|
>                                                       /          \
>                                                      /            \
>
> All you've got to do is add the graphics and make your game play.
> Currently the engine is split up into 4 programs so that you can
> easily depict how it works. The programs are HALL, GETKEY, LEFT,
> RIGHT. The whole engine is only around 770 bytes. It would be smaller
> if I condensed it into one program but it takes away the speed then.
> Is it worth it?

How did you get the hallway drawn?  I was thinking about working on
something like this a while back, but I just kept drawing blanks on what
the 3d equations would be to draw the lines and make everything look in
the proper perspective.  Actually, I then got sidetracked into making a
program that would draw a square in three dimensions exactly as it would
look if you took a picture of it - from any position!  It turned into a
lot more math than I wanted to mess with.

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net