Re: TIB: re: maths

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: re: maths

>Do you want to differentiate numerically or symbolically.  Symbolic
>differentiation would be a real pain in the neck.  If you are only
>looking for a numerical answer, I suggest that you try the built in nDer
>(numerical differentiation)function, or, if the 85 has it, Der1
>(semi-symbolic differentiation).  You could, of course, write a numerical
>differentiation program, but there's no need.

Thank you Ben. My idea was to have an f(x) in y1.
After that, I manually calulate is deritative and enter it in y2.
I'd like to make a program which calculate some nDer from y1,
and it compares with y2 values for the same "x" values used for
the first step. If the compare test is good, my deritative is right.

Brice-Olivier Demory - http://www.skylink-astro.net/pagepers/demory
Location : 46d10m30s North / 6d09m23s East // Alt.: 413 m.
Responsable-animateur du club d'astronomie Helios - Hte-Savoie (F)
Conseiller en meteorologie pour le CDVL du Vaucluse - AstroTech