Re: TIB: Chess AI, algorithm options

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Chess AI, algorithm options

A couple of years ago ('97-98) me and a couple of my
friends used to do crap on the calc. Now there are
only two of us, but we're just about the only people
who, out of anyone we know, can write a whole program
from scratch. heck, I've done it a few times!

if there's anything I could do, just let me know. I
don't use my '83 too much (I prefer the size and
capability of the '92 that is in my possession), but I
still know a lot of stuff that could be of use.

--- Josh Cunningham <rogue_ant@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I got a quick thought, um, I will help you with the
> AI, I think that this
> would be a great opportunity to show the TI
> community what we can do with
> basic.  But, no delusions, the actual algorithms
> need to be faster.  Here is
> an option, I know you have an 83, but if we program
> it for the 86, then we
> can use the TI-Basic to asm compiler.  Even though
> it is limited, we could
> at least compile the actual algorithm that takes all
> the time; this would
> give us about 250% increase in speed.  But if you
> still want to stay with
> the 83, then I will help you (if you want), again as
> I understand chess very
> well, and how the Calc needs to 'think'.
> One other option would to be having _someone_
> convert the actual algorithm
> by hand.  Which isn't going to be an easy task by
> any means.
>
> I will try to dig up my old chess AI.
>
> I will stop rambling now, but I would really like to
> help, and think I can
> contribute much.
>
> Josh Cunningham

> http://www.hotmail.com

===
Whatever really happens when worlds collide
Now this is what its like
Whatever happens when worlds collide
Now this is what its like

-When Worlds COlide (Powerman 5000)