TIB: Chess AI, algorithm options

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Chess AI, algorithm options

I got a quick thought, um, I will help you with the AI, I think that this
would be a great opportunity to show the TI community what we can do with
basic.  But, no delusions, the actual algorithms need to be faster.  Here is
an option, I know you have an 83, but if we program it for the 86, then we
can use the TI-Basic to asm compiler.  Even though it is limited, we could
at least compile the actual algorithm that takes all the time; this would
give us about 250% increase in speed.  But if you still want to stay with
the 83, then I will help you (if you want), again as I understand chess very
well, and how the Calc needs to 'think'.
One other option would to be having _someone_ convert the actual algorithm
by hand.  Which isn't going to be an easy task by any means.

I will try to dig up my old chess AI.

I will stop rambling now, but I would really like to help, and think I can
contribute much.

Josh Cunningham