Re: TIB: Chess AI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Chess AI

This is a very complex problem.  Chess has never been 'solved'.

So they use prediction for most chess programs.  The program determines a number
of moves it can make, then using it's own rules, determines a number of moves
it's opponent would then make.  Then it finds (through some quantifying process)
which positions end up with giving itself the best chance to win.  then it sees
which of it's moves would have the best 'score', and makes that move.  Really
fast computers go and look ahead at 5-50 moves after its current position.

-Adam