Re: TIB: TIB prgm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: TIB prgm

JIF578@aol.com wrote:

> well i dont have it w/ me i have an 85 and my friend has the game 0n 83

If it's a game he got online, it's probably on one of the
calculator sites, you could look there.  That would save you the
trouble of typing it into your email.

I think this is my first post to this list.  I guess since school
is starting it's getting busy as people are stuck in class with
just their calculator to amuse them.  For some reason, I feel
like introducing myself. :)

My name's John Teffer, I've been programming in TI basic for
about 3 years, mainly during math and science class, when I
should be doing something else.  I'm starting my first year of
college at Cape Cod Community College on Tuesday, so I'll be back
in school, and maybe making some more basic programs.

I wish I had built a link cable for my PC when I first got my 83,
since I no longer have any of the games I've made.  I've written
a few games; tic tac toe, space invaders, a pong-ish game, and a
"utility" of sorts, a random sentence generator.

The random sentence generator was definitely the most complicated
thing I wrote.  It was a menu based program that allowed you to
enter names, verbs, nouns and adjectives, and would then display
random sentences.  What made it complex was that there was one
string for nouns, one for verbs, etc.  Then, for each string,
there was a list of numbers, each one keeping track of how long
each word was.

Since people are inclined to type in profanity, names of
teachers, and adjectives like "sticky" and "juicy" the resulting
sentences were pretty good:)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had ever made or heard of a
program like this for the TI calculator.  If I get bored enough I
might rewrite it for the 85, as I no longer have my 83.

So, hey, any response is welcome,

-John

--
Saying Windows© 95 is equal to Macintosh is like finding a potato
that looks like Jesus and believing you've witnessed the second