Re: TIB: GONE FOR GOOD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: GONE FOR GOOD

Ok, but they know all of the commands, how they work and how to
accomplish pretty much everything they would need to make "more
advanced" programs. The rest they figure out for themselves 99% of the
time. I personnally use Visual Basic or Java to program in because the
possibilities with TIB are pretty limited (mostly because of
speed...). I use my calc to create fairly simple programs for school
(to check answers). I havn't done anything larger than 3 kb in about
an year... My last project was a "3D"  airplane shooting game that was
ridiculously slow, I never finished it for that reason. I have TIB to
thank because it got me interested in programming and it is great for
math progs and stuff, but I enjoy doing stuff on a computer better
because of the larger possibilities. I've managed to learn two
programming languages in 6 months and plan to get on to C++ soon, it's
a fun challenge and I never get bored of it, to think that a simple
calculator programming language got me into this...

BTW, what do you mean by "better programs" exactly? I know that plenty
of people on this list are just dying to find something interesting to
make... and I could always use something to do during those long
boring classes (yep, school's where I do pretty much all of my
programming...)

Philipp Keller

>If everyone knows everything, then why aren't there better programs.
Try
>creating new programs which challenge your limits.  I myself have
made
>programs to model chaos theory, attempted a 4D grapher, worked on
calculating
>pi by attempting to get more than 14 significant digits, made a
program to
>distort planes, and have even made 2 different attempts at Artificial
Life.