Re: TIB: HELP WITH SENDING PROGRAMS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HELP WITH SENDING PROGRAMS

> I have a Ti-85 calculator, and wanted to send files to my friends
> calculator, i checked and we both had rom version 10.0 and we had his
> calc to calc link, but it came up with an error message, we tried all
> kinds of stuff, what went wrong?

Is the link pushed in all the way?  Sometimes, with new calculators,
you have to push HARD.

> and when i entered a self test on his calc, i counted numbers, how
> high does it count?

Well, since I believe it counts in hl, once it reaches 65535, it will wrap
back to 0.

> also, i have not
> tried a self test on mine yet, because i have some important programs
> on there! I know what you are going to say, why not send the files to
> the computer, i have problems with that too, first, i built a link
> with my grandpa, who was an electrician, and that did not work! i
> tried to build a parrelle port link, same thing! and finally, i
> ordered the official link without the software, and downloaded the
> software, what went wrong? it still gave me the error #35 message!!!!!
> i am soo mad! please help!, do i need to ge device drivers? do i need
> a specific adapter for the 25 to 9 pin serial port?

So, in other words, you have NEVER gotten your linkport to work?
Send the calc back to TI.

> ( i have a FEMALE DB9 to Male DB25 ) since that was the only one at
> radio shack ( catalog number 26-209A )
> why is it still not working?
> does anyone else have this problem?
> thanks, and does anyone know how long a self test takes?

Here is a letter I sent to TI-Hardware minutes ago outlining the self
test on the TI-8x's: