Re: TIB: dead calc!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: dead calc!!!

good guess!!! i was running an assembly program.  i turned off the calc (maybe it auto powered down), but it never turned on again.  i will do as you said tonight.  i hope it works. school starts soon.
brian ash

Cassady Roop wrote:

 Make sure to take out the backup battery as well.  If you ran an Assembly program on your calc that went screwy, it might cause what you are describing.  Before you take it back or fork over mass amounts of money to have it 'fixed,' take out the backup and all power batteries, hold down the on button for ten seconds, and let it sit for a few hours.  I assume the reason for holding the on button down is to clear any residual charges in any capacitors inside the calc, which could still power the memory.  Some calcs have been known to hold information for hours or even a few days after all batteries have been removed...

What caused this freeze-up, anyway?

Brian E. Ash wrote:

i have a ti-83, and it will not turn on. (yes, i replaced the batteries
and checked the contrast.)
i called ti, and they told me to take out a battery, press "ON" fifteen
times, and replace the battery.  also to press 2nd, and hold the up key
(i am assuming to turn up contrast).  i don't want to fork over $60 to
fix my calculator.  any suggestions????

brian ash

Follow-Ups: References: