Re: TIB: number to string

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: number to string

Jeff Glover wrote:
Is it possible to convert a number to a string.  Eq>St() will only do
equations not numbers.  This is what I want...
:Input A
:<Do things with the number here>
:Number>String(A,B)
:B
B would show a number not an equation.
Unfortunately, most of the TI calcs do not support this.  That was one of the most frustrating things about my 86--that I couldn't make an expression turn into a string.  On my 89, however, you can easily convert any expression to a string using the "string(" command.  On the 86 and below, there are a few ways which I have found to get around this, however.  The most important key is to use the output command wisely.  You can do wonders with that single command.

Dave <the_regul8r@bigfoot.com>