Re: TIB: A few more questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: A few more questions

> Can you directly modify a string? If so please explain.

Yes.  Say you have a string, "Hi how are you, Jon?"
If you wanted it to say hi to Joe, you would do this:
:Sub(String,1,19)+"e"+Sub(String,20,1)->String

This takes 19 characters of String, starting at character
1, adds "e" to the end, and adds 1 character of String
starting at the 20th character to the end.  The result is
"Hi how are you Joe?".  Read about Sub( ) and Lngth
in the manual for more information.  The problem with
this is very slow, especially for strings longer than ~20.

> And can you read individual bits of an integer (like
> asm)? For example:
> read 150 as 10010110 and take each bit a put it in matrix.

It's possible but not easy.  I am not sure the best way to do
it, but I'm sure someone on this list knows a few tricks.