Re: TIB: Need help with math prog I am writing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Need help with math prog I am writing

if I am understanding you right, you mean turn the points (x1,y1) and
(x2,y2) into the line y=mx+k.

here is how you do it.
m = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1)

then plug m into the equation

y=x*(y2-y1)/(x2-x1)+k

plug in a coordinate ( (x1,y1) used here)

y1=x1*(y2-y1)/(x2-x1)+k

and solve for k

k=y1-x1*(y2-y1)/(x2-x1)

If this isn't what you need, just say so.

---Rosyna <rosyna@wcoil.com> wrote:
> I am writing a Ti-Basic program for the 86 and need some help. This
prog
> does vectors, and at the beginning it askes for two Points the it
does a
> whole buch of stuff and tries to make it a rectangular equation
(y=mx+k)
> but I cant for the life of me figure out how to do so. PLEASE HELP!!!!

==
Garth Johnson

gbjohnson@bigfoot.com -normal email
 brandtly@hotmail.com -Large files