RE: TIB: programming functions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

---Jeff Barriault <jeffb@plasmatherm.com> wrote:

> For the TI-92 create a function (not a program) called sec() like
this:

> :sec(x)
> :Func
> :1/(cos(x))
> :EndFunc

I wish that the 85 would do this sort of stuff!

> > The Garth Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > I want to program the three trig functions csc, cot, and sec
into my
> > > 85.  The problem is that I want them to act just like the cos,
sin,
> > > and tan that are built in.  First I tried something similar to
this
> > > each of the functions this:
> > >
> > > sec=1/cos
> > >
> > > I was hoping that the 85 treats formulas as macros, so that it
would
> > > think that the function y1=sec x would be translated as y1=1/cos
x.
> > > That doesn't work.
> > >
> > > I know that I could use something like
> > >
> > > sec=1/cos x
> > >
> > > but that wouldn't work just like the built in functions.  If i
> > wanted
> > > to do something like sec (2x) it wouldn't work.
> > >
> > > Help!
> > >
> > > Come on people!  ticalc.org says that there are 98 people on this
> > > list!  Don't be afraid to answer!
> >
> > I'm not sure about the TI-85, but the TI-92 can use a function
within
> > function. Maybe you can create a function called sec or whatever.
The
> > equation would be called from another function.
> >
> > Try it. I'm not sure if it works, but who knows.
> >
> > To make the equation, type it in quotes and use the sto> button and
> > store it into a string. Then use the Catalog to find St>Eq to
manke it
> > into an equation. Like I said, I don't know if it'll work. I don't
> > have
> > my good TI-85 with me.
> > --

I guess that I could do something like
sec=1/cos N
and then have another function N
N=2@  or whatever.
That would let you have the x equal to just about anything.  Does
anybody have any ideas on how I could write the equation so that i
could use it as sec (2x) and not have to use a separate equation?

==
Garth Johnson
Visit my ever-improving website!
http://www.bigfoot.com/~garthjohnson