TIB: Re: I NEED HELP

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Re: I NEED HELP

-----Original Message-----
From: NATHAN BROWNING <browningn@usa.net>
To: ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org <ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Thursday, March 12, 1998 5:44 PM
Subject: TIB: I NEED HELP

>This is a a game that i am working on. I am just having trouble with one
thing. The game is in a loop  until  you get hit 3 times, but the games just
get slower and slower until i get an error 15 memory. Is there any way i can
get this to stop happening using a for, while, or reapeat statement? Any
help would be greatly appreaciated.

>Thanks,
>
>Nate Browning
>browningn@usa.net
>

>SCRN is a string that displays the screen. It isn't listed in here but it
doesnt have anything to do with my problem. It is declared under my intro
screen. Also i have a high score screen that isnt here either. It is just
the bit of code that i am having trouble with

>6/->/F1A
>3/->/LIFE
>0/->/SCORE
>"<^>"/->/SHIP
>8/->/M1:13/->/M2
>9/->/E1A:3/->/E1
>0/->/F1:9/->/E2A
>ClLCD
>Outpt(1,1,SCRN
>Outpt(M1,M2,SHIP
>
>Lbl MOVE
>If LIFE<=0:Goto DEAD
>Outpt(M1,M2,SHIP
>Outpt(5,1,SCORE
>Outpt(8,3,LIFE
>getKy/->/N
>If N==24:Goto LEFT
>If N==26:Goto RIGHT
>If N==21:Goto FIRE
>If N==11:Goto PAUS
>If E1A>= 9 or E1==0
>Goto EMA
>If E1A-1==F1A+1 and E2A==F2A
>Goto EHIT
>GOTO FMOVE
>
>Lbl FMOVE
>If F1A<= 1 or F1==0
>Then
>0/->/F1
>Outpt(2,F2A," "

>Goto ENEMY

    This Is you r problem.  A goto in an If then.

>Else
>If F1A>=a
>Outpt(F1A,F2A,"'"      <- There is an apostrophe between the quotes
>Outpt(F1A+1,F2A," "
>(F1A-1)/->/F1A
>Goto ENEMY
>Lbl ENEMY
>If E1A==9
>Then

>Goto MOVE

    And another

>Else
>If E1==1
>Then
>Outpt(E1A,E2A,"*"   <- The asterix is the enemy i use something different
in the game itself
>Outpt(E1A-1,E2A," "
>(E1A+1)/->/E1A

>Goto MOVE
    another

>Lbl LEFT
>If M2-1==7
>Then
>Outpt(M1,M2,SHIP
>Goto MOVE1
>Else
>M2-1/->/M2
>Outpt(M1,M2,SHIP
>Outpt(M1,M2+3," "

>Goto MOVE1

    Again

>Lbl MOVE1
>If E1A==9
>Then

>Goto MOVE

    Again

>Else Outpt(E1A,E2A,"*"
>Outpt(E1A-1,E2A," "
>(E1A+1)/->/E1A
>If F1A==0
>Then

>Goto MOVE

    Again

>Else
>If F1>=1
>Outpt(F1A,F2A,"'"  <-again there is an apostrope in here
>Outot(F1A+1,F2A," "
>(F1A-1)/->/F1A

>Goto MOVE
>Goto MOVE

    Again

>Lbl RIGHT
>If M2+3==21
>Then
>Outpt(M1,M2,SHIP

>Goto MOVE2

    Again

>Else
>M2+1/->/M2
>Outpt(M1,M2,SHIP
>Outpt(M1,M2-1," "

>Goto MOVE2

    Again

>Lbl MOVE2
>If E1A==9
>Then

>Goto MOVE

    Again

>Else
>Outpt(E1A,E2A,"*"
>Outpt(E1A-1,E2A," "
>(E1A+1)/->/E1A
>If F1A==0
>Then

>Goto MOVE

    Again

>Else If F1==1
>Outpt(F1A,F2A,"'"   <-apostophe here too
>Outpt(F1A+1,F2A," "
>(F1A-1)/->/F1A

>Goto MOVE
>Goto MOVE

    Again

>Lbl FIRE
>If F1==0
>THen Goto FMA
>Else

>Goto FMOVE

    Again

>Lbl FMA
>1/->/F1
>M1-1/->/F1A
>M2+1/->/F2A
>Outpt(F1A,F2A,"'"  <-apostrophe

>Goto FMOVE

    Again

>Lbl EMA
>If E2A==M2 or E2A==M2+1 or E2A==M2+2
>Then
>Outpt(M1,M2,"   "  <-three spaces
>(LIFE-1)/->/LIFE
>8/->/M1:13/->/M2
>9/->/E1A:3/->/E1
>0/->/F1:9/->/E2A

>Goto MOVE

    Again

>Else Outpt(8,E2A," "
>1/->/E1
>2/->/E1A
>int(rand x 14)+8/->/E2A
>Goto FMOVE
>
>Lbl PAUS
>Outpt(5,12, "paused"
>Pause
>Outpt(1,1,SCRN

>Goto MOVE

    Again

>Lbl EHIT
>Outpt(E1A,E2A," "
>9/->/E1A:3/->/E1
>0/->/F1:9/->/E2A
>(SCORE+10)/->/SCORE
>Goto MOVE
>
>Lbl DEAD

>End
Is this to end the prog?  Shouldn't it be Stop?

You didn't End and of your If Then's.  That is the proglem.
What calc are you making this on?