TIB: To crash a 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: To crash a 92

I found a guaranteed way to crash my TI-92 using its built-in basic.
(I have ROM 1.11, but others may have the same problem.)

Here are the details:

There is a command that stores a picture to a PIC variable, named StoPic.
It takes four parameters: the beginning row and column, and then the width
and height. When a width or height of less than zero is given, an error is
generated. But when a width or height of zero is given, a picture is
generated.

Now, RplcPic will put any picture back on the graph screen. But when the
width or height are zero, strange things happen:

Width  Height  Result
  0     0       Randomly displays vertical bars covering the graph screen.
  8     0       Covers the left eight columns with random pixels.
  0     8       Switches to the Graph screen and freezes, keeping the
                  BUSY indicator on. Sometimes pressing ON generates a
                  dialog box, but the calc never recovers.

JMG

Someone on the ASM 92 list wanted to know how to do this.