Re: TIB: program speed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: program speed

Tavis Segura wrote:

> > Everything you said made sense to me, except up at the top. What do
> > you mean the 92 doesn't treat boolean tests as a 0 or 1. Isn't trues
> > and falses, 1's and 0's, yeses and no, the entire bases of logic
> > statements? What do you mean by "it uses a symbol"?
> >
> > Jody Snider
> > jody1@alaska.net
>
> When you perform a test, (like, for example, 2<3) the TI-92 will return,
> literally, true.  It is an expression that does not have a number
> assigned to it.  On the TI-8X series, the same test will just return a
> 1.  If a function function has a boolean, it will not return a number,
> but an error. (To be exact, it's Error #160: Argument must be an
> expression)
>
> It's a very subtle change, but an annoying one for programmers
> translating for the TI-92.
>
> Tavis

Oh. True, false...I guess it does make more sense. I know what you
mean about subtle changes. On my 83 and my earlier 81 you can't have
names for things like on the 85/86. Like you can't have a variable
called REAL or something like that. Mainly its just the letters,
ABCD.... I find that I get rattled when I look at the code for 85 and
higher because there's so many WORDS! I like my short little numbers
and letters.

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net