Re: TIB: key sequence

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: key sequence

> Is it possible in basic to program in a key sequence for the calc to
> carry out if a key is pressed?
> Ex: F3 (or any other key) is pressed at a menu or pause, and I would
> like the calc to "press" (go through the sequence to have the same
> effect that actually pressing the keys would) [2nd] [MEM] [F3] [F1]
> [F4].  This is on an 86, if it matters.  This is fairly urgent.
> Thanks,

Well, "T", if you by some miracle you figure that out, I better make
sure I don't share this program of yours!  If I'm not mistaken, isn't
[2nd]+[MEM], [F3], [F1], [F4] the key sequence for "RESET ALL" with
confirmation?!?!?  Either you are trying to write a program that fakes
the reset screeen or trying to "go through the sequence to have the same
effect that actually pressing the keys would", a.k.a. resetting your
calc.

To answer your question, assuming the former description, you would use
a combination of GetKey commands and test functions.  There are many
programs just like this available at ticalc.org.  I won't waste time
explaining them all, and you  shouldn't waste your time trying to make
another one.  For the latter question, you cannot write a BASIC program
that will take the calc back outside of the program and start typing
keys on its own.

If you do figure it out, I read a post from someone who would like to
paste commands to the home screen with fewer keystrokes.

Tavis