TIB: "The Temptations of Assembly" - was "Aim for the 92 - I'll te

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: "The Temptations of Assembly" - was "Aim for the 92 - I'll test it"

> Your game sound really cool, and if you want I'd love to test it.
> I'm really interested in how you aim the weapons, cuz I've been
> making an artillery game (you sit behind your big gun and take
> potshots at little men who'll blow up your gun if they get too
> close) and I can never get the trajectory to look realistic.

> Thanks for not succumbing to the temptations of assembly.  it sucks.

Now, now, just because we chose to work with a more user-friendly
language that is easily assessible in the calculators already and
because some egotistical geeks armed with their soldering irons and Z80
compilers decided to fry their calcs into submission in order to do
whatever they lusted after instead of writing BASIC doesn't mean we
should start acting AND TALKING like them and insulting the very nature
of assembly because if we do, we are no better than they are and they
will have won this battle for the calcs!

O.  Kay.  Now that I'm done with my single sentence rant, I'm going to
get some rest and plot this newsgroup's takeover of our calculators.

Tavis