TIB: Storing text on the 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Storing text on the 86

    Hi, I've been reading with interest the discussions about
creating phone books, etc. for the TI calcs and have been trying
to figure out how and where text strings would be saved on the
86.  I have been unable to save text to a list.  I have tried
saving my name for example to a variable (that works) and then
saving the variable to a list (enhh (buzzer sound), try again).
I've tried to write a word directly into a list, no go.  If text
doesn't go into a list, then where?
    I don't need a whole program, per se, just a simple segment
to play around with.  Then again, maybe that simple segment must
be a short program.  I've tried to find answers in the manual but
got nowhere.  Am I just making a simple mistake or simply making
wrong assumptions about what can and cannot be done?  Is there a
faq page that will explain my specific questions?  (Your
answering "yes" to this last question ain't gonna work.  I need
to know specifically where it is and what to search for.  Every
time I look for faq pages, I get a lot of irrelevant info, mostly
because I am defining my search wrong, I suspect.)  Thanks for
your help--D

--

Douglas S. Oliver
Department of Anthropology