Re: TIB: link software with parallel port for the 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: link software with parallel port for the 86

><< Is the link in com 2 but the software set to com 1(one)?
>  >>
>no l've tried it on both com ports

Whoa, just realized this...

You said you were using the Parallel port programs?
The com ports are serial ports.  The parallel port is the printer port.
Try using the DOS graphlink software from:
ftp://ftp.ti.com/pub/graph-ti/sw-apps/link/dos/link85.exe
This is the 85 software.  There isn't an official DOS 86 link program.  : (

You might try:
ftp://ftp.ti.com/pub/graph-ti/sw-apps/link/windows/setup86.exe
It is the official American 86 link program.  I don't think it works with
the built-it-yourself links though.  : (

If all else fails, rewire the link to a printer plug and stick it in LPT1
and see if the parallel programs work.

BTW.  Do I have the Parallel and serial ports mixed up???