Re: TIB: Re: Wheee

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: Wheee

At 10:03 PM 2/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I only use MIT as the college because we all know it is a good college but
>any high end college could be replaced in its name.  Well actually MIT is
>the shortest name I could think of <g>

Actually the best people come from CalTech (CIT for short).  It is nearly
impossible to get into CIT and the college puts out the best techies in the
world.  There is one professor to every 6 students which means that it is a
very demanding school and only 19% of applicants actually ever get in
partly because it is a small college (ACT, SAT I, AND the SAT II all have
to be taken and you have to get a minimum of 700 points on the SAT tests in
order to even be considered).  MIT isn't even that demanding.  There is a
downside to CIT...they tend to be a little wild and kRazY (check out the
course description section for the programming course in the Computer
Science major section of their web site to see what I mean:  "CS102:
Structures and stuff"...the word 'stuff' isn't usually used in a
description of a programming course :)

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: