Re: TIB: Re: Wheee

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: Wheee

>> I don't mean to flame, but you really should get a new monitor or some
>> glasses.  My brother can read it without his glasses close up and he's
>> farsighted.
>
>You're not _listening_ to me.
>I did not say I could not read it, I said it was not easy to read.
>Certain colours simply don't go together and you found some of them
>(they'll teach you that in art class when/if you get it).

I have to agree with Rene.  White simply does not go with that background at
all.  In fact, I can't really think of any color that would go well with
that background.  I've made several hompages in the past, and all of my
efforts with multicolored backgrounds have totally washed out.  I've grown
to perfer single color backgrounds, or like colored patters (light grey with
a dark grey "etched pattern" for instance).

>>  But I will bold the text or change the background
>>  eventually for those who are blind..
>
>You just don't get it. Try changing the font color to red, see what
>happens. Red is a contrast to your background and thus much easier to
>read, white (or yellow for that matter) are not.

Again I agree, but I don't think red would improve it much.    My
recommendation:  Get a nice looking uniform colored background and use a
contrasting color.  The background doesn't have to be plain, but you want as
few color changes as possible.