Re: TIB: lots of help needed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: lots of help needed

TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:

> >> Everything less than one is false including negative numbers. 1 and
> >> greater is true.
> >
> > I think this is false.
>
> I stand corrected.
> :If 1
> :Disp "1"
> :If .9
> :Disp ".9"
> :If .1
> :Disp ".1"
> :If 0
> :Disp "0"
> :If -1
> :Disp "-1"
> :If -100
> :Disp "-100"
> :If 100
> :Disp 100
> Resulted in: (on a TI-86 ROM 1.2)
> 1
> .9
> .1
> -1
> -100
> 100
>
> The only missing one was zero. I apologise.

I must admit, it got my attention pretty fast!  I'm still new at using
this implied true/false stuff.  I used to always use the If X=1 or If
N<>0, but I thought that maybe I had mis-understood something...whew!

BTW, this is totally off topic - but I am including it with a calc
topic so it isn't totally spam. Is there anyone out there that wants
to play a game of chess over the email?

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net