TIB: lots of help needed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: lots of help needed

Ok you BASIC junkies.  I need some help.

I have a TI-85.

I'm trying to write a program that will find all the unknowns of a triangle
if given all known data.  I know, there are programs already out there like
that, but i want to write one myself.

What i want it to do is...have the person enter everything he/she knows.
So, i'm going to prompt the user for:

A=?
B=?
C=?
a=?
b=?
c=?

In case you don't know, the capital letters are for angles and the lower
case letters are for sides.
Suppose i have enough data to determine that the triangle is SAS  (side,
angle, side).
I'd have to skip

B=?
C=?
a=?

in order to make it SAS.
Well, i can't skip it just by pressing enter.  I have to enter something
numeric.  Is there anyway to just bypass that?  You know, just skip it by
pressing something, without enter data.

If there is no way then..
The other problem is, if i enter 0 (the number) how would i get the
calculator to recognize that it means nothing.  Mainly, how would i get the
calculator to recognize everything, but "0's."

I want the calculator to recognize that it's SAS by the data given and know
that "0's" in the prompt are nothing.  That is pretty much my main question.

My friend is writing one that you tell the calculator which kind of
triangle it is, but i want the calculator to recognize it by itself.  I
just wanted to show him up.  =)

How would i code that?

Well, hope you can help.  Thanks a bunch.  I know this is sort of long, sorry!

Alex

Visit my homepage at:
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/coding/190/index.html

Or email me at: