TIB: itoa

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: itoa

> H.N. Cheng wrote:
> >
> > is there any way in ti-basic to convert a number into a string?
>
> The best way to do this, in my opinion, is to put your number into a
> Y= and then use Eqn>String(. The ony problem with this is I don't
know
> how to use this from within a program. Does anyone know a way to
input
> something into Y= from within a program WITHOUT using a string
> command?
>
> Jody Snider
> jody1@alaska.net

The easiest way to do this is with this program:

1st, put your variable in the Ans variable.  (either type it out on
the home screen or put the number on a blank line.)  Then run this
program.  The number will be a string in the x variable.

program n2s.85p
:LinR {0,1},{Ans,Ans
:Eq>St(RegEq,x
:Sub(x,1,length x-3/->/x
:Return                      ;this line only nessicary if you are
runing                              ;it from another program
==
Garth Johnson