Re: TIB: Re: NT- TOO HARD TO USE

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: NT- TOO HARD TO USE

>I may have a better one. I go to the GM Technical Academy (engineering),
and the
>computers there are supplied and maintained by EDS. Of course they have a
security
>program that stops you from deleting, copying or moving files, and also
restricts
>BIOS access. One little problem, most of the programing was done with batch
files.
>Open notepad, hack a few files, change paths, and viola, no more security!
This is
>EDS I'm talking about here! These guys are stupid!!

Our school (a Junior College) has a theoretically computer great security
system (note theoretically).  They just forgot to finish configuring it.  If
you log on the drive H: (The server's hd) you can access the files there,
but you can't perform any modifications to the disk (copy, move, format,
ect.).  But if you go to drive C:, you can type "format H:" and it won't
restrict you.  Rather moronic actually.