Re: TIB: Re: NT- TOO HARD TO USE

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: NT- TOO HARD TO USE

Clive Bentley wrote:

> I may have a better one. I go to the GM Technical Academy (engineering), and the
> computers there are supplied and maintained by EDS. Of course they have a security
> program that stops you from deleting, copying or moving files, and also restricts
> BIOS access. One little problem, most of the programing was done with batch files.
> Open notepad, hack a few files, change paths, and viola, no more security! This is
> EDS I'm talking about here! These guys are stupid!!
[...]

My old sysadm reached a state of acceptance where he would no longer
frown if he saw me using DOS.
I once went up to him and asked "why don't those two machines have BIOS
passwords?"
He didn't even question me on the fact that I had attempted to access
his BIOS, he just answered my question. (And yes, I still have the
passwords/BIOS passwords for the rest of the system there :-)

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
'How is my lovemaking?