Re: TIB: Fw: FROG

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Fw: FROG

At 03:36 AM 2/8/98 -0700, Grant Stockly wrote:
_________________ Begin Quoted Text _________________

>>>Nope, never heard of it.
>>

>>I found it again.  Go to http://www.coha.com/witz/god.htm and look at it.
>
>Oh come on and post it to the list!...
 _________________  End Quoted Text  _________________

Somebody was looking for Unix command line jokes, here's some..

% make fire
Make: Don't know how to make fire. Stop.

% why not?
No match.
% gotta light?
No match.

% !1984
1984: Event not found. # (on some systems)

% How's my lovemaking?
Unmatched '.
% "How would you rate Bush's incompetence?
Unmatched ".

% [Where is Jimmy Hoffa?
Missing ].

% [Where is my brain?
Missing ].
% ^How did the sex change^ operation go?
Modifier failed.
% ^How did the sex change operation go?
Bad substitute.

% If I had a ( for every $ Congress spent, what would I have?
Too many ('s.

% man: why did you get a divorce?
man:: Too many arguments.

% %blow
%blow: No such job.

% \(-
(-: Command not found.

% sh
$ PATH=pretending! /usr/ucb/which sense
no sense in pretending!

$ mkdir matter; cat >matter
matter: cannot create

% cd /tmp
% touch this; chmod 000 this
% ln -s /usr/bin/touch U
% U this
U: cannot touch this: no write permission
% rm meese-ethics
rm: meese-ethics nonexistent
% cd ~god
Unknown user: god.
% ar m God
ar: God does not exist
% make love
Make: Don't know how to make love. Stop.
% sleep with me
bad character
% ^What is saccharine?
Bad substitute.
% drink <bottle; opener
bottle: cannot open
opener: not found
% alias alias alias
alias: Too dangerous to alias that.
% cat catfood
cat: cannot open catfood
% cat "food in cans"
cat: can't open food in cans

% nice man woman
No manual entry for woman.
% man pussy
No manual entry for pussy.

% rm God
rm: God nonexistent

% ar r God
ar: creating God

% Unmatched ".
Unmatched ".

% write desert
desert is not logged on.
% man you
No manual entry for you.
% !bluemoon
bluemoon: Event not found.
% scan for <<"Arnold Schwarzenegger"^J^D
"Arnold Schwarzenegger": << terminator not found
% cat 'the can of tuna'
cat: cannot open the can of tuna
% rm Quayle-brains
rm: Quayle-brains nonexistent
% cat "door: paws too slippery"
cat: cannot open door: paws too slippery
% look into "my eyes"
look: cannot open my eyes

% lost
lost: not found

% make war
Make: Don't know how to make war. Stop.

% mkdir yellow_pages; cat > yellow_pages
yellow_pages: Is a directory

%touch me
%chmod 000 me
%touch me
touch: cannot touch me: permission denied

% ar x "my love life"
ar: my love life does not exist

% ar x "matey, the treasure"
ar: matey, the tresure does not exist

% talk Gorvachev@Kremlin
talk: Kremlin: Can't figure out network address.

% talk Comrade Khruchev
[Your party is not logged on]

make "bottle open"
make "heads or tails of all this"
make love
make mistake
make sense
man woman
man -kisses dog
% echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc
GET A LIFE!
% ping elvis.rice.edu | awk '{print substr($1,1,5), $2, $3}'
elvis is alive
% finger body-of-christ@bread-jar.mass
Unknown host
% finger huge-keg-party@big-house
Unknown host
* % make ' ' bang ' ' with gun
* make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target ` '

Leif Gregory
ldgregory@biogate.com

http://www.0rdernet.com/Warped_Realities/
(2D/3D Graphics, electronics, TI85, and a mirror for the
Hardware Book, the largest collection of pinouts and cable diagrams).

Join the Cool Info Mailing List (tips, tricks, shortcuts, and other really interesting information). Send an email to the above address with the words "Subscribe CIML" (without the quotes) as the first line in the body of the message. If you would like to try it out before signing up, same procedure but with with the words "Get CIML 8".