Re: TIB: HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL

At 08:51 PM 2/7/98 -0700, Grant Stockly wrote:
_________________ Begin Quoted Text _________________
>>CISC - Complex Instruction Set Computer. The idea that a machine with more
>>instructions and complexity can perform more tasks with less direction
>>(read code or instructions), and thereby becoming more efficient and much
>>faster.
>
>I'm sorry but RISC is faster than CISC..or why for 14 years would Intell
>make CISC and then switch to RISC?
 _________________  End Quoted Text  _________________

Because it's RISCy business to not follow the leader.

or howabouts

Intel doesn't want to RISC losing market share.
A tRISCut a biscuit, Intel doesn't want to RISC it.

:)  Geez, I'd do anything for a laugh... heheh..

More bandwidth busting nothingness.

Leif Gregory
ldgregory@biogate.com

http://www.0rdernet.com/Warped_Realities/
(2D/3D Graphics, electronics, TI85, and a mirror for the
Hardware Book, the largest collection of pinouts and cable diagrams).

Join the Cool Info Mailing List (tips, tricks, shortcuts, and other really interesting information). Send an email to the above address with the words "Subscribe CIML" (without the quotes) as the first line in the body of the message. If you would like to try it out before signing up, same procedure but with with the words "Get CIML 8".