Re: TIB: HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL

>>> Windows (3.x) runs on top of DOS, but Win95 does not.  It is a stand alone
>>> system that happens to be packaged with DOS.  If you don't believe me, talk
>>> to Microsoft.
>> That's what Billy tells us. Did you ever try version in the dos box or start
>> your pc with the rescue disc? That's dos                      A.K.
>
>Have you ever checked to see what the links to the dos boxes do?

>Cmd line: C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM"

Thats because every time you open a dos box the application is threaded.
If it didn't do this you could only have 1 box at a time.  Which reminds
me, WIN 95 can't have directories over about 260 chars...a dos
limitation...ask and I can name some more.

Btw, I tried, but after a 4,980 char directory on my mac I got bored.