Re: TIB: HAL (BJE)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL (BJE)

At 06:22 AM 2/8/98 +0100, Rene Kragh Pedersen wrote:
_________________ Begin Quoted Text _________________
>Is 132 Suns, 50 SGIndy's, 22 O2's, and 9 Octanes sufficient?
>
>	*G*
>
>These numbers were researched through accurate use of locate and grep.
>No electrons were damaged during the process. :-)
>
>--
>          Rene Kragh Pedersen
 _________________  End Quoted Text  _________________

Hey hey hey, no cheating. These must be personally owned. I work for the USAF, and being, that technically it is one big corporation, I could list all the machines we run (and believe me there are some crusty bastards out there.).   :)

Ok, I'll cheat and list two big ones I have at work:

Convex supercomputer - 2GB RAM and 550GB of secondary storage.

SGI supercomputer - 22GB of RAM and 2 Terrabytes of secondary storage. It's really pretty, but they won't let us play with it. I bet you could really play a wicked game of quake on it.  <g>
Leif Gregory
ldgregory@biogate.com

http://www.0rdernet.com/Warped_Realities/
(2D/3D Graphics, electronics, TI85, and a mirror for the
Hardware Book, the largest collection of pinouts and cable diagrams).

Join the Cool Info Mailing List (tips, tricks, shortcuts, and other really interesting information). Send an email to the above address with the words "Subscribe CIML" (without the quotes) as the first line in the body of the message. If you would like to try it out before signing up, same procedure but with with the words "Get CIML 8".

Follow-Ups: References: