Re: TIB: pxl-testing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: pxl-testing

Christopher Robin MacDougald wrote:

> Jody,
> Thanks for pointing it out! however I'm checking the reverse pixel, I
> believe in that situation... I'll double check. And yes leaving it off
> in some cases is good but in others it can cause problems... I'll see
> with the changes what difference it will make next week some time.
>
> Christopher

I think the situations that you are talking about "can cause problems"
are ones where the closing parenthesese is left off. Am I  right? The
big thing that you have to be careful of is that it isn't a logic
statement. For example;
:fPart(D)=0
vs.
:fPart(D=0
In the first example it is doing fractional part of D, and see if it
=0 (like it should). Note that this will only give a 1 or 0 depending
if it is true or false. However, in the second example it is seeing if
D=0 and returning a 1 or 0 in that spot. Then it is taking the fPart
of either that 1 or 0 - not D! My general rule of thumb is if it is
not a test you are PROBABLY okay (can vary from situation to
situation). But if you are using a logic test, always assume you need
that ).

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net