Re: TIB: HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL

> Actually, it's in the hardware. I don't understand what the problem is,
> but the people that write Amiga emulators can't work out a disk
> emulator.
> The disk drives are the same, so it can't be a hardware problem.
> MS-DOS maybe?

Actually its in the File Allocation table (FAT for windows peeps) The Amiga
probaly stores it in a strange way. MacOS HFS says the smallest files can
be 16.5k per gig. MacOS HFS+ says the smallest file can be 4k per 4 gig(?)
While Alsoft's HFS+ says the smallest file can be .5k period. So I have .5k
allocation blocks which means I can store a whole-lotta-more and no
reformat neccessary, but if my computer crashes and I cant boot, I am
screwed till March (Probaly when I get the 8.1CD)

---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to the
developers for which it stands, one platform, under Guy, indestructible,
with creativity and multimedia for all.

Follow-Ups: References: