Re: TIB: HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL

On Tue, 03 Feb 1998 22:40:01 +0100 Rene Kragh Pedersen
<u971168@daimi.aau.dk> writes:

>Matthew wrote:
>>
>> >Why do Macs suck?
slow, made for eas of use (AOhL)

>> >Have you worked with Macs recently?
>>
>> Every Day

All last year at school

>What do you do on them, and what is it you don't like about them?

Record keeping/newspaper publishing; slow, more tedious than win 3.1
Love those power switches that look like disk eject buttons   ;~P
<><////////>
But hey, who needs to manually eject a disk

>> >Is it because they have superior processing power over the PC's?
Hee Hee Hee!  No, they're cheap$

>> Even the good, brand new,50something MB ram one seems slow
>
>I would like to know specifically what you are referring to, what it
>is
>used for, and in what connection.
>Is it your impression that a PC would be better at whatever task you
>use
>the Mac for?
Yeah because I tried at home

>> >Is it because they are used by professionals within for example
>computer
>> >graphics?
Hey, CorelDRAW just now moved over to Mac.

>> Their only strong point
>
>Along with better economy in their laptops (compare the power usage on
>laptop Pentium and a Powerbook), better OS, faster chipsets, superior
>chipset structure, more reliability (don't crash as often as PC's) +
>the
>stuff I couldn't recall at the moment.
>
>> >Is it because they use Motorola chips (like in the TI-92)?

Yeah, and crashes more often

>> Didn't know that.
>
>They are one of Motorola's biggest customers. The Power series were
>designed by IBM, Motorola, and Apple.
>
>How old is the Mac you are using?
1~8yrs old.

>> >Do you hate Amiga too?
Preferred the C=64

>> Never used one
>
>Take it from me, it's a VERY pleasant experience.
>
>--
>          Rene Kragh Pedersen
>man: Why did you get a divorce?
>man:: Too many arguments.

~Larry C  (The derranged one)    >:~}<><////////>
Larry1492@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]