Re: TIB: Back to TI-BASICs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Back to TI-BASICs

TurboSoft@aol.com wrote:

> <<  would like to ask each of you about your personal style of writing
>  programs.  If you had a choice to do both, would you prefer writing
>  everything in a single program, or have several programs for your
>  subroutines?  Which do you think game players would prefer?
>
> TurboSoft says:
> making all the code in a single program keeps it neatly in one place in your
> programs list, but it is very slow and takes up much more space because you
> can't call subroutines (other programs which sort of help the main program
> out).  Of course, even less space would be taken up if the Basic language
> allowed you to return to the last jump command...
>
>  Which is more important, the program's size, its speed, how easy the
>  program is to read, or how it affects the rest of the calc?  I'd like
>  your opinion about this and what you think makes for 'good' TI-BASIC
>  programming.
>
> TurboSoft says:
> most all of those.  usually the smaller the program the faster the speed.
> Also it hurts to have the program overwrite other variables used on the calc.
> When using temporary variables, use letters like A, B, C etc. or at least only
> one-letter variables.  When making subprograms, if you can, have them start
> with a funky Greek character or something (so that it is at the end of the
> list).  Use the DelVar( command to delete stuff at the end of your program if
> you can.
>
>  Thank you for your time.
>  Tavis >>

What do you mean "the programs list"? Also, the comment "(so that it
is at the end of the list)." Are you talking about a list that the
calc makes, or a list of variables created by the user? I'm assuming
you're using the 83 becuase you mention the DelVar( command. Am I
right?

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net