Re: TIB: HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL

Grant Stockly wrote:

> >> yeah, and thats about ALL they have. computer graphic designing.
> >> and an OS layout that even bill gates envies.
> >
> >I believe the word you were looking for was emulates. And with all
> >emulators, a performance degradation is to be expected.
>
> Windows is just like x for linux...just something to make dos prettier...

Actually, it isn't. A lot of things would be MUCH more difficult without
Windows.
I don't know how you use X for your Linux box, but I use X more than
anything else (Xterm prompts in particular). There are so many commands
that let you do so many things you end up thinking MS-DOS is a joke.
It is also noteworthy that MS-DOS was built over the core of X. X is so
much bigger than MS-DOS.

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
man: Why did you get a divorce?