Re: TIB: HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL

>> i just look at the rows and rows of PC software and the half an isle of mac
>> software, as well as the 20 PCs all lined up at any computer retailer as
>> opposed to the 2 macs at any local retailer. that tells me all i need to
>>know..

Thats because all of the programmers that program are HS kids and they
can't hire them.

>> >Is it because they have superior processing power over the PC's?

A 233G3 is faster than a 266MMX/PII

>> >Is it because they are used by professionals within for example computer
>> >graphics?

makes games great.  I can play full screen movies on a 20MHz no FPU, no
Math co-processor...my 486 chokes on half screen

>> yeah, and thats about ALL they have. computer graphic designing. and an OS
>> layout that even bill gates envies.

Of course the only way to go if you want real power is to ditch the OS and
get Unix.

---
Grant Stockly
AppleCyber - http://www.alaska.net/~gussie