Re: TIB: dec>frac

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: dec>frac

In a message dated 12/12/98 12:37:27 PM Central Standard Time,
Firepower5@aol.com writes:

> try this.
>
>  (A->Frac) -> B
>  Disp B
>
>  Rob Hornick
You can't use the frac command in this manner.  Well, you can but the calc
would trun it to a real # when it was stored into B.  That's the problem, that
the calc can only store integers and real #s.  (and even an integer is just a
real with no trailing zeros)  The only way to output this would be to write
your own fraction converter.  It's not as hard as it sounds, but let me know
if you want an algorithm.  I could probably cook up a pretty short one, but
you'll have to tell me what calc it's for.
Paul J Chase the Younger.

On a completely different note, what sounds better: The Second or the Younger?