Re: TIB: dec>frac

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: dec>frac

>frac doesn't work with anything besides disp.  so no outputs will do.

the only think i can figure out is to somehow find the numerator and
denominator of the fraction and use seperate outputs to put them on
the screen in the right place.  well, you would have to add another
output to get the division bar, but this might be the only way to do
what you want.

---VasquezJara <vasquezjara@earthlink.net> wrote:

> To tell you the truth, it doesn't help. Nothing has helped
> so
> far. All I need is to have A be displayed as a fraction
> using
> Outpt(. So far all the answers I have gotten do not give me
> control of where the value will be displayed.
> Outpt(1,1,A>Frac
> will not work, I didn't even bother to test it since all
> should
> know that outpt is line,column,item.... item may be any
> legal
> numeric or string variable, expression, or constant. Lists,
> vectors, and matrices are also legal items, but they are
> hard to
> display properly. As for the Outpt(1,1,A>Frac.... A>Frac is
> not
> a legal item because it is not a valid variable name. A
> variable
> cannot be saved as A>Frac in the calc, and thus such code
> will
> give a syntax error. So far, the only other advice I have
> gotten
> is to outpt the numerator and denominator separately, but
> such
> code is messy, slow, and too large for my liking. There has
> got
> to be a way to do this other than to do it in asm, anyone
> know
> how?
>
> Jean Vásquez
>
> --
>               Jean Vásquez
>        ,;;    vasquezjara@earthlink.net
>       ,;;'    Dark Horizon Studios
>  ,  ,;;'      http://www.afterlyfe.com/darkhorizon
>   ';;'        AIM SN: Leon Pierr
>  .' ',        ICQ#:  14164471
>

> Jeff Glover wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what you are asking, but will this help?
> >
> > Outpt(1,1,A>Frac)
> >
> > At 02:20 AM 12/12/98 EST, you wrote:
> > ><< One quick question;
> > >
> > > the following code will work just fine:
> > > :.25->A
> > > :Disp A>Frac
> > >
> > > Make the code cleaner, add some Input commands instead of
> > > telling the calc outright what A is, and you can get
> > >
> > > :Input A "Enter A:",A
> > > {whatever following code}
> > > :Disp A>Frac
> > >
> > > The whole purpose of that was to make A a fraction in case
> > > it is not whole number. While this works fine as it is
> > > (actually, it doesn't work fine enough for me), I need
> > > something more flexible. How can I use Outpt( to display a
> > > fraction from a variable entered as a decimal? How do I
> > > change a decimal form A, into a fractional form A, and use
> > > Outpt( with it?
> > >
> > > Many thanks to whoever helps me with this;
> > >
> > > Jean Vásquez >>

> > Jeff Glover
> > jglover@geocities.com
> > http://jglover.home.ml.org

==

The Garth Johnson

Visit my website!  http://www.bigfoot.com/~garthjohnson
                "Now with jokes for your mental enjoyment!"

"Popularity, Religion, Science, Jobs, Cars, The Internet, Civilization-it's all very nice but it's we're just deluding ourselves...  Inside of every perfect postured, mild mannered person there is a teenager saying "dude! this is cool!" and sending slinkeys down upward escalators."