Re: TIB: GetKey

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: GetKey

I am posting my Getkey routine for everyone again, hopefully, this time
it will be easier to read...

10->A             \
10->B            *** Sets the starting cordinants
ClrDraw         *** Clears the screen
Lbl T             *** Defines the start of the loop
Repeat Ans  *** Starts the Main loop (use Repeat its faster)
Getkey          *** Gathers keypress
End               *** Checks for keypress
If Ans>25       *** Determines which secondary loop to use
Goto B           *** If Last line true, then shuttles to loop
If Ans==24     *** Start of secondary loop
then               *** If last line true, then executes command
B-1->B            *** Command
Else                *** If test (If Ans==24) is false, then executes
A-1->A            *** Command
End                *** Ends secondary loop
Pxlon(A,B       *** updates graph
GotoT            *** Returns to Main loop
Lbl B              *** Defines the start of the loop
If Ans==26     *** Start of secondary loop
Then             *** If last line true, then executes command
B+1->B          *** Command
Else               *** If test (If Ans==24) is false, then executes
A+1->A          *** Command
End               *** Ends secondary loop
Pxlon(A,B      *** updates graph
Goto T          *** Returns to Main loop

I have made a routing that is almost 25% faster then this, and half the
size, and uses no Gotos.  No BS.  When it is honed completely, I will
release it.

Josh Cunningham

P.S.  Send me ideas for what you want me to include in the RPG engine!