Re: TIB: ASM Utilities From BASIC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In a message dated 12/06/98 3:55:11 PM, sandia@rocler.qc.ca writes:

>The program was just an idea someone had, but he had a bunch of
>examples of what he wanted to do.

Yup, I found his post and the idea for that 86 program, in the Ti-Basic
Mailing Archives... I'll send a reply to that one with my thoughts on each of
those idealistic ideas...

>I have a question though: Would this just add functions or would it
>also provide faster ones to replace the built in commands, is that
>possible?

Yes, I can implement both of those, I'll write up another mail with all the
ideas I've gathered... I have thought of a way do a getkey loop from ASM to
goto certain labels in basic, but the problem is you cant have anything going
on it that getkey loop other than just searching for the keys... Also I was
thinking of doing sprites through way of numerical input in strings... Im just
brainstorming for now... =P

>You know what Basic need: ANYTHING that can do faster graphics and
>getkeys. The best thing would be key event traping (like Qbasic) but I
>think that's pretty much impossible on a calc. Or easy access to asm
>pics.
>Philipp

Oh, well same as above...  Also with ASM pics, I've been working with Dan
Englender on a program for the 83 called GRAFX, and once you've created a pic
and saved it as a Program file, I think I'll have this ASM Library accept the
name of the program in an 'ANS' string like it does for Squish and Zasmload,
and then it will just display that picture to the display. How does that
sound...?  That one wont be put in until I finish GRAFX first... =P
															--Jason K.