Re: TIB: Re: How does TI-BASIC work?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: How does TI-BASIC work?

In a message dated 12/5/98 5:48:05 PM Central Standard Time,
sandia@rocler.qc.ca writes:

> >These are good questions. If we knew exactly how TIBASIC worked (like
>  >what it does when it jumps, etc.), then it would help us a lot in
>  making
>  >faster, smaller programs.
>
>  i agree completely

Perhaps if we could account for all the bytes used by a program it might help.
This is for an 82, whose programs are written already tokenized.
The program itself is    27 bytes.
																	BYTES

PROGRAM:HELLO  >Prog name.  Each char is a byte;                           5
:0                            > a number. One digit, one byte						1
:repeat ans              > Two commands, two bytes.
2
:getkey                    > One command
1
:end
1
:disp "Hello              >One command, plus the string
7

Total is 17 bytes. Prog size is 27 bytes.  But don't forget, eash colon is a
byte, which takes the count to 23 bytes.  And remember that programs are
stored in a linked list, and that there is a maximum of 99 progs on an 82.
The first two bytes of the program identify its location in memory and last
two bytes point to the next program.
PJC II